GEXOL® IEEE 1580 Power, Control and Instrumentation (LV).
Gexol® World Class Oil & Gas Cables are the industry’s standard for premium power, control and instrumentation performance. Offshore applications challenge cable constructions with relentless heat, vibration, salt corrosion, drilling mud and mechanical stress. Gexol® cables prove their value daily in the punishing operating environments of offshore drilling and petroleum facilities around the world. Gexol® is a Nexans proprietary insulating material that is flame retardant, severe cold durable, drilling mud/oil resistant and has superior dielectric properties.
Our GEXOL® Type P cables deliver premium performance:
- Extremely flexible
- Highest ampacity ratings – rated 110°C for continuous operation
- Excellent moisture resistance for more stable electrical properties over the life of the cable
- Produce less toxic and corrosive gases in fire conditions
- More resistant to vibration than Type MC, IEC-spec or commercial-grade cables. Gexol® Type P cables are available in several constructions, including:
- Suitable for use in Class I, Division 1 and Zone 1 environments (armored and sheathed).
- Available in four constructions:
- Standard thermosetting jacket
- Low Smoke Halogen-Free thermosetting jacket
- Crush and Impact Resistant (CIR) thermoplastic jacket – standard
- Crush and Impact Resistant (CIR) thermoplastic jacket – arctic grade