Nexans Olex - Environmental and Sustainability Policy
Environmental and Sustainability Policy
Nexans Olex is a manufacturer, importer & distributor of electrical cables with more than 65 years of experience, providing a full range of general purpose fixed & flexible cables, special purpose cables, technical services, and cable design.
Nexans Olex Corporate head office is based in Melbourne with manufacturing operations in Lilydale and New Plymouth, warehouse and distribution centres located in Queensland, New South Wales, Auckland, and Christchurch.
Nexans Olex acknowledges our stakeholders, namely our emplyoees, customers, shareholders and the public, that we will conduct our business with respect and care for the environment and will give consideration in disclosing information on request regarding Nexans Olex environmental performance and associated activitities.
Nexans Olex will implement strategies that build sustainable businesses for all our stakeholders continuously reviewing and improving on our work practices, strengthening out business by making environmental an integral part of all our activities and by continuously striving to align our performance with public expectations.
This will be achieved by:
- complying with the relevant environmental laws and codes of practice as a minimum
- including environmental considerations as an integral part of our business decision making
- engaging with our employees and contractors to continuously improve our environmental performance via;
- training, internal and external auditing, work practices and emergency response capability
- waste reduction and emissions by establishing appropriate measures to review and monitor our performance
Complaince with this commitment and applicable laws is the responsibility of every Nexans Olex employee, contractor and visitor, which is underpineed by our parent company, Nexans of France, through the Corporate Social Responsibility and Sustainable Development policies.
Nexans Olex management will be responsible to educate our employees to understand and comply with this commitment and applicable environmental laws.
Executive Chairman and Managing Director Australia & New Zealand